Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Jim Iyke Speaks About Ebola Situation

Nigerian actor Jim Iyke shed light on the incident surrounding his flee from Liberia over Ebola virus scare.

Jim Iyke

It all started with the photo the movie star  saying he leaves the country affected by the deadly virus earlier that scheduled because “it scares the Jesus outta me”.
The post  who insisted he should have been screened for Ebola which has already claimed more than 700 lives in West Africa.
Days later Jim Iyke released a message explaining the whole situation and his opinion on the matter:
“May I humbly apologize if my comments on Ebola – based on fear – were taken out of context. The last thing I wanted to do was to alarm anyone. My heart goes out to all the families who have been affected by the Ebola virus – those who have lost their lives or loved ones, those who are still bravely fighting the disease and all of the communities who are battling to keep the infection under control. You are all in my prayers. As I travel constantly across continents, most recently USA, Senegal, Liberia, Ghana, Gambia, I have been screened where and when necessary along with the other passengers and I believe it is the responsibility of every citizen to be vigilant and help contain the outbreak by following the advice of the local and international medical professionals and government officials.”
Meanwhile the ongoing epidemic of Ebola virus continues ravaging the continent. Nigeria has registered the second case of infection. According to health officials, 8 more people are currently being monitored in Lagos in connection with Ebola.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your commment